Friday, January 8, 2010

December and the start of 2010

Not sure where to begin this post, so many events to cover.

Lynn's band had their first show on December 18th. It was so awesome! I'm not just saying that cause I am biased or anything. They really brought the house down. Thanks to all our friends and family who came out to support him...it was a really great time! Here are some photos to prove it was a blast!


I was really nervous for the guys, but Lynn was cool calm and collected. Very entertaining and funny. They have another show coming up Jan 16th at Club Vegas.. come check 'em out! They won't disappoint!

So Christmas I didn't have a camera. My camera broke back in July and I have been stealing other people's pictures to fill my lame blog. So I didn't have ANY Christmas morning pictures (lame I know) I was REALLY worried about Christmas this year. But both the boys said this year was the best Christmas ever.. so less really is more. We had a great time being with our friends and family. You guys are the best and we are so grateful you are in our lives! My younger brother Rick was able to fly home for about three weeks and spend the holidays with us which was super cool! Thanks Rick! Sure miss you when you are gone! Here are some random picture I took while he was here (I got a camera on the 29th with a Christmas gift card... hoooray)


Kids got an air hockey table.. They love it!

Scott gave my Mom a Wii.. Rick and Dyson testing it out.


Colby got Monopoly, So like always Lynn had to kick our butts.

Colby showing off his Scottering skills.
Randy's 32nd birthday was on December 31st, but we celebrated it a few days later at his house. Always a fun time when we hang out with the Griffins!



See told you we have fun! WOO HOO!

The Birthday boy himself. Randy is the greatest brother around. He is honest and never says anything bad or negative. So glad you were born Randy! You're the greatest, my kids think so too! Thanks for everything you've done for me and my family! Love ya big bro!

On January 1st we received some sad news. Our younger Step Brother Austin passed away. He had been battling bone cancer for about two years. Austin was the best little red-headed step child ever.(Rick and I would tease him about being the red-headed step child) I have some great memories of Austweno. We went camping one summer and I was too afraid to walk to the restroom in the campground at night. Austin picked up the flashlight and held my arm and walked me safely to and from.
He babysat my kids two days a week after school. Riding his bike to my house. My kids remembered playing hide and seek with him.
Austin tried to teach Dyson to knee-board when Dyson was just five. Thanks for all the times you made my boys feel special Austin.
Austin was very talented. He was a great dirt bike rider and a pretty darn good skateboarder. He would try anything! I hope Austin knew how our family felt about him. I hope he felt more then a step brother. I love you and am grateful for the time I got to know you. RIP
please see Rick's blog as well.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So - does Lynn buy every property he lands on or just get 3 of one and buy lots of hotels?? I'm always wondering about the best way to win besides the obvious Park Place and Boardwalk. I think I better play this weekend!

Lucky 7s said...

The holidays were especially great this year. Nice blog and I'm so glad you added your memories of Austin.