Monday, February 21, 2011

ICEBREAKER 2011 (St. George)

Dyson's soccer team enlisted in this years Icebreaker cup in St George. So we had a fun filled weekend of soccer!!
Ahhh, nothing like sunny St. George in the middle of a cold, wet winter! This is a shot from our hotel. Doesn't it look nice and warm?




Well it was... till the next day when the Soccer tournament started. I left day one, game one covered in mud.




Our car got stuck trying to pull out of the SIX dollar parking, myself and a nice fellow pushed the car out where it had some traction. I also left with a mouth full of mud. A fellow mud person looked at me and said "well, at least it's protein"



After game one we had to go back and get Dyson showered and un-mudded (yes it is something) Colby wanted to show his support and sprayed his hair blue to cheer on the team! GO ARESENAL!




The ENTIRE day looked like this.... BOO!



After two games, two losses, two showers, and two changed of clothes we met the team at the Golden Corral for some good old fashion fun. I just love Dysons team! They are such a great group of boys! I am so glad Dyson fits in so well and they are friends!!

The coaches had some clever little awards to give to each player... what was Dyson's?
THE SOCCER DIVA




With some cute little butterfly princess wings! When the coach put them on he said Dyson "Floats like a butterfly but stings like a bee on the soccer fields" Dyson thought it was funny and gave me a few poses...





After the dinner we went to an arcade and hung out with the team some more, they all had a ball, including Colby... I think he became an arcade junkie!



Sunday there weren't any games.. so we braved the snow (yes I said snow) and drove to Vegas. Dyson and Lynn LOVE Vegas.. I can't figure out why. I dislike Vegas for many reasons. 1. It's too expensive. 2. There is too much walking involved. 3. It stinks 4. It is too adult themed 5. I don't gamble
It's just not my kind of town





The kids have wanted to go to the MM store since we missed it last year, so we went. Yes I agree the different colored MM'S are cool. But are they $13 a pound cool? I guess... cause we did it. (see reason number 1 why I don't like Vegas)





We met up with Lynn's brother Andrew (he was there for the 311 concert) and ate lunch with him, then went to Circus Circus (MISTAKE) and just walked around. They sure have changed that place since last time I was there (1986)



By then, Dyson and I were SO tired. We wanted to go back and SLEEP!

Monday morning bright and early,, back to the soccer field. This is what we were greeted by:
Colby's shoes became play shoes after this game, we had to stop and get him new ones for the ride home. It was so muddy and so wet! The poor players were so cold!

Aresenal 2010-1011
All in all, we did have a good time in St George despite the crappy weather. Its aways fun to just hang out with my cute family. We should do it MUCH more often!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm sorry the weather was so crappy but it looks like you had a great time anyway. You're kids will remember that trip forever. I totally agree about Vegas, not a fan, unless of course you are there to see 311. Tell Dyson congrats on being the soccer Diva!

Lucky 7s said...

Soccer diva with wings! Totally fits him~ Trips are great.. hopefully your next trip will be full of sunshine and more fun.