Thursday, July 14, 2011

A nose is a nose, like a rose is a rose.





(Thank you, if you noticed the Saturday Warriors reference)







This is a mug shot of Dyson. We had to take it to register him for soccer. I'm glad that we had it so I could compare it to this little number:





My poor baby's nose! Look at all that swelling! Ah shucks. Dysons baseball team made it to the state tournament that we played in Salem Ut. In between two games Dyson and some team-mates where hitting the ball in a batting cage. Dyson and the other smart 12 yr olds were catching behind the batter without a mask. So my sweet little boy took a foul ball right to the nose. It bleed pretty good, but he kept his cool (I'm sure it was because he had to be tough in front of his buddies) Some concerned parents (one with medical training) told me they thought it was broken. He shook off the pain and played awesome in his next game. Next morning, we took a quick trip to the Dr for some xrays. NOT BROKEN. But a small crack that won't cause him any breathing problems. WHEW! We were all relieved! Its still swollen and he sorta has a Griffin nose for the time being.




His team played some tough teams in the tourney. They took 8th overall! So proud of the A's! Dyson played a mean second base this year. He has really come far since his first year in baseball. I LOVE watching my kids play sports. It gets my heart rate up and is so awesome!



Dyson and I are both sad this was his last year with the team. He moves to Pony League next year. The coaches and players have been so great, we will miss them!

3 comments:

Lucky 7s said...

The swelling makes him look even tougher... if that's possible!! Dang it - It was great fun to watch him this year. It will only get more exciting and your heart will only pound more!!

Anonymous said...

Coolest team ever! Well, next years might be pretty cool...

Annie said...

How come I'm just finding out Dyson broke his nose from the blog? Poor guy. Pony league...really? He's getting WAY too old.