Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school! Yippee!


I just love the first day of school! I not only love a little bit of quiet...but I love hearing about my kids having a life outside of this house! I love hearing about friends, teachers and school lunches! The first day of school didn't dissapoint... Dyson went into 4th grade this year, and Colby into 1st. When Dyson got home today I asked him if he had seen Colby at lunch or at recess ( I was curious to know if he did alright) And this is what Dyson told me (melt my heart)


"Yah, I saw Colby today. At last recess. He was sitting on the ground by himself with a jump rope. And he had his head down like he was sad. So I went over and played jump rope with him until his friend Billy walked by, So he wasn't alone mom."


OH MY! I'm not even kidding.... is that the cutest thing you have ever heard? Dyson is such a nice kid. I'm so proud of him!


Colby Loved... school lunch of coarse! Grilled Cheese and a pear, can't beat that!


8 comments:

Lucky 7s said...

What an awesome BIG brother! Dyson is a sweetheart! Cute pic of the boys.. too bad each school day isn't as exciting as the first day of school.

Annie said...

Dyson just melts my heart. I think I just teared up at the thought. Colby is so lucky to have such a tender older brother. I can't believe your kids are both in school all day. Hank is totally upset about it!

Brittany said...

Go Dyson! What a good kid!

Danielle and Fam said...

Hi Jen...My email address is danielle_squires@hotmail.com
YOu better use it!

Rusty and Tara said...

awww...those are the moments that make it all worth it!

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Wow! I am totally out of the loop with this whole back-to-school stuff.

Dyson is very adult! Such a sweet brother!

Hope your week is going well, love you!

Hayley said...

you're like a real mom now with kids going to school and everything!

Shanie Ellison said...

Hi Jenni-it was so fun to see you at the soccer game-it has been a long time! Catch up on all that has been goihg on in the Griffin Clan! Can't believe you have been married for ten years and have 2 kids. Time sure does fly by! See ya next Wednesday!