
Visiting the cemetery with his Mom Johnnie Sue.

re-connecting with his dad's cousins Janet and Gina. Gina was so thrilled to see Lynn! She kissed him all over his cheeks and kept calling him bubba! It was great! She kept mentioning how similar his voice is to his dads.

This is Johnnie Sue's cousin Janice. She brought some great old pictures to show Lynn and his mom. She had a really cool picture of Lynn as a small child sitting on his grandpa Jureks lap. I'm hoping to get a copy of it. Janice put us up for the night and made some awesome food she took great care of us!

There was no official funeral service, so one was sortof created. A poem was read, an obituary that her childhood friend had written was read, and a prayer was said. Janice shared a few memories as well as Johnnie Sue. I'm so glad Lynn and I were there. It was hard to leave the kids and go on such short notice, but I am very glad we made the trip.

This is Lynn's great aunt Bertha. She is his grandpa Jureks sister. She was so darn cute! She is 85, still owns her own business and walks back and worth to work each day! It's amazing! And I may have a soft spot for her because she told Lynn he had such a beautiful wife!

We stopped by the fire station where Lynn Sr used to report. I made Lynn get out so I could get a snap shot!
We made it home safe and sound. Without the great company that I work for (Jetblue) we wouldn't have been able to go, I am so blessed to have such a great job that makes things like this possible. As well as my Mom and Scott and Randy and Annie for taking and helping with our kids! Much appreciated!
Lynn wants to go back under different circumstance and visit again, which I %100 support!
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about Lynn's g-ma. I lost my grandma last May. It's not easy to say goodbye.
No tales of Crockett or any thanks to Creed....er....uh.....Travis?
Nice blog... very tender. I like the pictures of Lynn with his relatives. I'm glad you both were able to go to Texas!
It is hard to lose someone. Glad you were able to go.
Post a Comment