Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I just love the first day of school, don't you?

Big year for school in the Royster house hold. Why? We sent Dyson to Jr. High! I can barely believe in two days from now he will be 13! Teenager, those dreaded years. I have to admit, I am not as scared as I thought. Dyson has grown into such a good, nice, honest young man. THANK YOU DYSON.


I was a bit sad when I dropped him off (yes he missed the bus the first day...oops) but He was excited and ready to face being a teenager. We saw some of his friends RUNNING (we picked them up) cause they had missed the bus as well. I was glad he and his buddies walked through the doors together! He was glad he knew so many kids in a lot of his classes. (me too)



I took him a few days before school, to find his locker and classes. Locker 319! He had his combination memorized before we left the building.

First day Pictures! He is so mature, right? The backpack is the big deal here. We had to find the EXACT one. Glad we found it. It's the "must have" one strap... who knew!?


Colby was next, 7th graders went alone on Monday, so Colby had his very own first day on Tuesday. He could not wait to wear these pants! He looked so cute in them. Again, backpack was a must!





He will do super in 4th grade this year. He wasn't too excited about his new teacher. (we hear she gives a lot of homework) But was excited about his classmates. He wanted to make sure he knew exactly where Hanks class was so he could " check on him". Hank is in all day school this year and has type one diabetes. Colby is always asking " do you feel low?"





He loves his shoes!

I was a little more sad about dropping Colby off without Dyson. I didn't even think about it, till he was getting out of the car.


Good luck this year guys! I love you!!



1 comment:

Lucky 7s said...

I can't believe how old they are! I remember the tears when Dyson went to kindergarten!! Such terrific boys - sure do love them!!