Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Gettin out of Dodge

I wish! I want to get away so bad! I want to go anywhere...We were going to San Diego this week, but plans fell through, when you don't have money it's hard to justify a trip to cali. We are going to Blanding for Easter to visit my dad... and I am totally exicted! I know I know Blanding, but it is a pretty cool place. On the way down we are stopping in Moab to hike to the Delicate arch. My kids have never done it and I remember it when I was about Dysons age. My grandma would be proud of me for taking them. I am not the best hiker... actually I really don't like it. I mean I like Nature and how pretty it all is, but lets be honest here, I am really out of shape. I can't even yell at my kids without getting breathless. Yuck. So I have been doing my tredmill lately and hope that will help. We will see. My kids and I are counting down the days till we leave....17. My brother Rusty is coming from portland so it's going to be awesome!
My brother Rick bought the game Rock Band... I am the lead singer in two made up bands. I find myself going over there almost everyday after my kids are at school... even that has become an escape for me. I just want to get away...I need to try yoga, But I am reading this really great book that my step mom (it's easier to call her that.. she's been my dads girlfriend for 6 1/2 years) told me about. "Eat, Pray , Love" Read it! It has changed my life (sorta) its awesome. I know some people get lost once they become a mother and a wife.... this helps you find yourself, even though you've been there all along. (make sense?) I hoping it will help me become a better mom and wife as well and make sure how important it is to keep my own idenity. I'm sure I will right more about it once I finish. Well I am off to drown in my new book....

3 comments:

Rusty and Tara said...

I just finished Eat Pray Love as well. It was a great book with some awesome perspectives. Too bad we all can't take a year to find ourselves.....

Have fun in Blanding and tell the Fam hi from me!

Mendenhall Madness said...

MAN, I love ROCK BAND...I bet your good at it, you know the words to every song. Jeromy and I are going to get a Wii, because they are making a rock band for their system in less then a year...we LOVE that game. Jen, anytime you want to come out to Portland, we would love to have you. I just wish I was in Utah...the grass is always greener on the other, right.

Jeri said...

You can always come up to the cabin. I know its not far away but it is DIFFERENT. And now we've got SNOWMOBILES~ How fun would that be???!!!