Friday, June 20, 2008

Goin' on a snipe hunt... I'm not afraid

Aren't they so cute all dressed up for the snipe hunt? Colby drew a map of the best places to go and Dyson was in charge of provisions.
There are still quite a few vacant lots in our neighborhood where the snipes hang out. The boys both had flashlights and every little noise they heard they would run towards it. I had a little bag that I would but the snipes in after I caught them. Hank saw us outside and wanted to come, he was the best little hunter, he kept saying "I heared them" Waiting for the reveal.... I was just about to dump our snipes out, Dyson was a little nervous!
Ahhh the disapointment. Colby told Dyson and Lynn he was going to be mad at me till he was dead. Whatever, he can be mad at me I know for sure they had fun. I just wanted to do something different for them. They will forgive me.



12 comments:

Danielle and Fam said...

I'm sick of saying "that's funny...or you're so hilarious" everytime I read your blog. Can you be not funny for once? What a great idea. I am going to do that to my boys when we go camping next month.
You aren't tooo mean!

itsahalesofalife said...

I love SNIPE hunting. Good job mom. That is brillant. Also....you busted me...its out...I just found a bunch of pictures of a cute baby and are pretending she is mine. LOL
We need to get together and do lunch again. Then you can meet my little Tatum!

Brittany said...

You are such a fun mom! Colby will forgive you of course, he cracks me up! I love it! Oh and I love you too!

Lucky 7s said...

Snipes are real, snipes are real!! I know my kids still believe....

Dizniemom said...

I remember my first snipe hunt when I was 12. Brave boys to go hunting so young. I bet they had a ton of fun. What a fun mom you are to do that for them. you da best!

Anonymous said...

thats too cute and funny,good job mom!! lol oh yea the HCG info is at biorestoration.com, seriously its not scary as you are perceiving,its fine,oh by the way i am leaving this comment on here like this cuz i dont know how else yur supposed to leave comment ,so k

Rusty and Tara said...

oh boy--the good 'ol snipe hunt. Poor Colby! But, as usual, I am laughing my head off.

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

I love it! U da best mom eva!

Kalli said...

ok so that is great cause I remember when you had me fooled that snipes were real but tell your kids I was like way older than they are now when I believed LOL hope they aren't mad at you still:) I love you

brooke said...

Well I don't know..... I'm still mad at you for scaring me on my first snipe hunt, so maybe Colby can be mad and carry around 'snipe' baggage like me for the rest of his life... thanks for the reminder, ahh the disappoinment when the dumb pillowcase was empty..why do snipes have to always get caught in pillowcases anyway???

rick said...

that picture of dyson is the best thing iv seen!! haha

rick said...

one more thing... is colby wearing pin striped pants?