Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Snotty" organic mom's are lame

And by snotty this is what I mean..
apple sauce Pictures, Images and Photos
I teach a couponing class that shows you how to match sales with the weekly Sunday coupons. I have NOT yet had a class where "snotty" organic mom has not been there. The last class I did was last night and "snotty" organic mom was there in full force.. sticking her nose up to the sample products I had brought. (I got Kellogg's cereal for .49 a box of course I wanted to brag that up) Stating things like "Are there ever any coupons for organic items" "I never buy sugary cereals, it's always oatmeal and no sugar for my kids" "I make everything fresh" "I never buy any of this processed stuff like you have up there" I wanted to yell SCREW YOU and throw my box of processed hamburger helper at her, but I didn't. I pretended that I thought it was SOOO cool that she was all organic. But I don't think it is. I love how "snotty" organic mom makes me feel like my mothering is not as good as hers is. I mean it's great if that is what you prefer but really nobody wants to hear your all high and mightiness about how organic is the ONLY thing healthy out there. I didn't grow up on Organic food... I'm sure most of us adults didn't. I'm not obese or sickly. My kids aren't obese(or even a little over weight)or sickly either... and guess what organic moms... I didn't breast feed either! (GASP NOW!)

8 comments:

Annie said...

Ha Ha!! That was awesome...freaking formula feeders rule!!!!

Lucky 7s said...

and we have the most perfect and beautiful children!!

Cristy said...

Hey Jen!!! The only way I can eat oatmeal is with TONS of sugar and some milk.....so I gave up and eat Apple Jacks and Fruity Pebbles!!!! I figure Apples and Fruit! What could be better! lol tell organic lady to quit flowing with all the nasty words cuz I am pretty sure they aren't organic and may mess up her cleanliness!

Cristy said...

Oh with all my creative words up there hahaha I forgot to mention to tell your mom, rusty, randy, and rick HI from me!!! Tell Rusty congrats too! And by the way when did Rick grow up? Makes me feel very old!

Anonymous said...

that applesauce looks good

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Ok you seriously CRACK me up!
Seriously!
I'm so with you on the whole organic thing... sometimes I think it's just a gimmic & a way for the "organic" company to make some killer $$$!!!
So I need some SCENTSY Scents... try emailing me at dreamig@msn.com & let's hope it works. If not email me at dramig@sprint.blackberyyy.net...

Rusty and Collette said...

This blog is provoking in many ways. I for one am an organic only person and think your processed food is only for poor people. If some people can't afford organic food then they are doomed to eat crap. As one aristocrat once said when no bread was available, "let them eat cake" (and by them I mean poor people.) Keep it coming Jen, this is a blast!

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

funny.