We came, we saw, we conquered.
(these pictures are way out of order)
My mom and I have always talked about someday hitting New York city. We finally just said to heck with it and went! It was a great time. The city is so full of history and story's. (which I like more then shopping and the crowds) It is for sure a place everyone needs to visit and experience. We ate pizza, drank snapple, rode subways, walked city blocks, took pictures and were amazed at what a different world it is from Utah. New York is no joke. There are MILLIONS of people there. The apartment buildings alone house more people then even live in my city. It is truly amazing.
THE BIG APPLE
Doesn't she look so excited to be in HARLEM? We took the sightseeing tour bus (which I recommend for first timers) and it took us to just about everything you would want to see in New York! What an experience. Just some random protesters in Central Park. Protesting the building of a Walmart. They made up new words to Amy Winehouse's " rehab" and had a fun little dance.
Time Square
This is actually the FIRST picture I took in New York. We are on the bus... don't we look so eager? I was afraid of standing out as a tourist. Yah, didn't need to worry about that EVERYONE there is a tourist.
The Brooklyn bridge.
This was our fun bus.
This is the entrance to the Dakota. John Lennon was assassinated in this very spot. Rather creepy but very historic.
Across the street from the Dakota is Central park and the John Lennon memorial called Strawberry Fields. You are not suppose to be loud or play music in this area. Very peaceful.
Subway, we made it to 72nd street!
Under the Manhattan bridge.
CANAL STREET. I'm fairly certain we got ripped off here. They sell alot of "fake" designer items. The women approach you and whisper "gucci, prada, coach....." right when we got off the subway (see we are pros now) a lady approached us and Jeri said " Yah. what ya got?" Just like she had been there a million times before!
My new fake DG sunglasses. Hey five bucks, it's all good!
Across the street from the Dakota is Central park and the John Lennon memorial called Strawberry Fields. You are not suppose to be loud or play music in this area. Very peaceful.
After Canal street we walked to Little Italy and ate at this cute Italian place. This is a picture I took right from out table. Love the old buildings with the fire escapes on the outside. So historic and old!
We say we will come back and visit some of the spot we saw from the bus but didn't got off (like ground zero, the MET and other famous sites) I hope we do someday! New York is pretty great! So glad I got to experience that, and with my mom.... nothing better!
Till next time
3 comments:
Jenn, it looks like you guys had such a fun time. I wish i could have gone with you!! Next time ok?Also, I am SOOOOO happy for you! My heart broke when I found out about your miscarriage, but I am so glad the window opened for you and you get your little one after all. What a cool experience with your dream too. Everything happens for a reason. Love ya!!
Nice recap of our trip! I loved it and had so much fun with you. We WILL do it again!!! So much to see and not enough time.
I'm too jealous to comment positively.
xo
Post a Comment